When you move a heated iron up and down a pair of trousers it causes the trousers to fold and a resulting line is noticeable on the front of the trousers. what do you call that "line"?


That line is called a crease.

a line on cloth or paper where it has been folded or crushed:

He ironed a crease down the front of each trouser leg.


| improve this answer | |

A traveler's crease is the specific crease in the front of fancy slacks. As one website says:

The crease that runs vertically down the front of most slacks – pants that aren’t chinos or denim – is there to add sharpness and sophistication to your look. This fold, also known as a traveler’s crease, helps keep your pants neat when you hang them in a garment bag as well. You’ll typically find them on work, semi-formal, or formal pants.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.