How do I ask someone for how long they studied in a school in the past? (The are not studying any more.) Is it

How long have you studied there?


How long had studied there?

or some other question?

  • 3
    I would just ask: How long did you study there? Jan 28, 2019 at 20:41

1 Answer 1


I believe "How long had you studied there?" is correct.

Other example: How long had you worked in Germany, before you moved here?

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .