This question already has an answer here:
I am trying hard to understand how to properly determine the difference.
- A gold watch. --A watch that is made of gold
- A golden watch --A watch that looks like and could be made of gold
But why then I cannot use the same logic for the following:
- A gold T-Shirt -- why not golden?
- A shirt with gold stripes --why not golden? They look like gold but they are not
- wrapped in gold and silver paper. -- the same problem
How would you perceive it if I used golden instead?