I am making the photobook, there are sceneries and one sentence phrases on the pages.
I am not an English speaker, and in my language, there are no such things as articles whatsoever. This question, what is the correct way to write it in English?
I have written it one way first, but now I am totally confusing.
A day is increasing in January. it is not the specific day, it is a day in general. So does the cold, that comes at once. Would it be something specific, I would know, though there are such notions as cold, frost, day, time, I am completely lost with the correct articulation here.
Also, I appreciate if the correct word for cold is found. In the 1.sentence the speech is about the chill, and in the 3rd, about freeze (the worst cold, when the temperature falls far below zero C). I cannot use "cold" word in both places but am unsure about words chill and freeze in this context.
Unsure about 11. fieldwork. I mean the agricultural work in fields.
- Cold comes unexpectedly (quickly). Frost covers everything and grows on trees.
- Snow covers the ground with a thick blanket.
- Cold comes rapidly, so does the darkest time.
- A day is increasing and the sun is shining.
- The low sun casts long shadows, but the coldest time is still to come.
- The coldest time comes suddenly.
- Winter is gradually leaving (declining).
- White snow is melting.
- The snow cover melted, revealing the bare ground.
- Green is in a hurry to take its place.
- Fieldwork has begun.
- Crops and vegetation grow rapidly.
I have added a new text completing the book
- Dandelions cover the ground with a yellow carpet.
- In the middle of Summer, you can read all night long.
- July is called "the month of hay" in Finnish.
- So, autumn has come and so the harvest time.
- “Golden Autumn” comes with its bright colors, rich yellow and red colors, clear azure sky.
- Harvest is taken in bins, and everything is ready for winter.
Explanations - 17. Golden autumn is really nice, but last year leaves have fallen while still green because of the frost. The season change in northern Europe happens very quickly and does not last more than a week or maximum two. It could be snow snow snow time till May, and then everything would melt in under a week when the Warm wind brings suddenly the very warm air from the South. This is why I have written "suddenly", "rapidly", every change in the season does happen within a couple of days. You go to the bed in "fallgold", and wake up in the winter season. One snow storm makes the scenery.
Winter and Spring do really rush and there are "white nights" and "dark time" in December, at least in the local language. It looks almost "evil" when the sun is very low, the sky is almost black and suddenly turns red.