What is the plural of "school subject"? Is "school subject" also common in American English?


The plural is simply:

school subjects

And so far that I know, there is no other particular way to say it in American English.

  • At the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a "Course" (with a capital "C") is at the level of a department or major. A "course" (with a lower-case "c") is taught over a month or semester. For example, a Computer Science major (in Course VI-3) usually takes four courses per semester. The VI in "VI-3" is a roman numeral, so "VI-3" is pronounced "six three". It is unusual to need to pluralize the capital-C Courses. This usage of capital-C Course is peculiar to M.I.T.; it is not normal in American English.
    – Jasper
    Mar 4 '19 at 20:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.