In the following question:
- What's the premise of money?
- What's the premise of email?
- What's the premise of the book / movie?
Does the word 'premise' refer to the reason behind the existence of money, email, the book?
What I know is that premise refers to a part of an argument that leads to a conclusion:
- Premise #1: All swans are white
- Premise #2: Jill is a swan.
- Conclusion: Jill is white.
When I am asking the 'premise of something', does it have the same meaning? What's the conclusion in case of money, email or book?