What do they call that cloth case that they cover a piano with when transporting it or just protect it from dust? Would just piano case work? Or there is a better term?


I think case usually implies something hard, made of something like plastic; it also implies something that you put the item inside to cover it entirely. A better word is cover when it is soft like a quilt and covers only part of the piano- see e.g. https://www.moverssupplies.com/catalog/product/view/id/309/s/baby-grand-piano-cover-quilted/category/86/


My first reaction was to call it a piano cover, so I did a quick search to make sure there wasn't a more technical term. I'm still not sure there isn't, but if there is, it isn't in general use. Everyone appears to call it a piano cover.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.