I loaded a huge chainsaw on my * and off of it.

I am not sure if there are words for such a thing. I am thinking of a set of bars that can be used to hold heavy objects with mobile bars like arms that are used to manipulate the heavy objects in order to drop or load these objects off and on the set of immobile bars.

  • Are you asking about something like this device that helps with moving around heavy things in a specific area? images.app.goo.gl/8mxeCfDCLmoYnArX9 – ColleenV Mar 20 '19 at 20:43
  • some kind of gripper used with a crane? – Lambie Mar 20 '19 at 20:52
  • Something you can wear and transport heavy objects with it. – tefisjb Mar 21 '19 at 14:52
  • Perhaps you can find what you are looking for if you google exoskeleton suit? – Lucian Sava Mar 22 '19 at 16:06

It isn't a very specific term, but such a thing could be called a "rack". If you have such a thing, you might look at the instructions and see what the manufacturer calls it. If you cna find where one is for sale, online or offline, again see what term the seller uses.

| improve this answer | |
  • Is there such a thing as a portable rack you can wear? – tefisjb Mar 20 '19 at 20:43

This equipment is called a forklift.

Wikipedia presents the equipment in this article.

| improve this answer | |
  • I did not understand the OP to be describing a forklift. If that was the intent, then I badly misunderstood. I thought this was some sort of un-powered stand or rolling-rack. – David Siegel Mar 20 '19 at 20:36
  • It wasn't exactly what I was trying to describe. – tefisjb Mar 20 '19 at 20:42

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.