I think there was a word or expression that meant that, but the ones I remember aren't nearly similar in meaning, I can't only think of phrase like "has been a hot topic", but it's only vaguely similar and cannot be used in the same context. I am looking for a word, an adjective.

For example:

The new policy enacted by the government is ___.

1 Answer 1


The adjective controversial might work:

Giving rise or likely to give rise to controversy or public disagreement.

(source: Oxford Dictionaries)

It's derived from the noun controversy:

Prolonged public disagreement or heated discussion.

(source: Oxford Dictionaries)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .