How would you call the pout that one makes when assessing a situation? Is there a word or phrase to designate this kind of grimace?


I think you would just call that a frown (note that it can indicate concentration as well as negative emotions like disapproval or displeasure):


A facial expression indicating disapproval, displeasure, or concentration, typically with the corners of the mouth turned down.

‘she leans back uneasily, her mouth forming a pensive frown’

‘a frown of disapproval’

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.