Like some system or software, if you decide to make no more changes to it and just leave it alone, but still operationing, what is that called?

  • What part of speech are you looking for? Verb, noun, adjective, adverb…? Commented Apr 10, 2019 at 4:45
  • I'd call it stable, but that describes the state of the thing more than the thing.
    – Davo
    Commented Jan 9, 2020 at 13:15

1 Answer 1


You probably look for unattended:

unattended (adj.) = not being watched or taken care of:

  • Please do not leave your luggage unattended.
  • According to the report, most accidents occur when young children are left unattended in the home.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .