There is the weird support attached to the weird bar with 2 handles that's shaped like a curved Y, what do you call this set of metallic bars? Is there a name for it, what is the general term and the specific term for it?

1 Answer 1


It is called a camera stabilizer.

It allows a camera to be carried around while keeping the image steady.

One well-known brand is Steadicam and this term has become used generically.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .