What do you call a person who has gotten used to have quite high-quality and nutritious foods habitually and in a considerable amount? (Such that individual sometimes often devours their food!)
The only word I found to encapsulate both concepts in one single word is trencherman which can be used as a noun.
A person who eats a substantial amount; a gourmand; one with a healthy appetite, and a cultivated appreciation for dining.
- You had musty victual, and he hath holp to eat it; he is a very valiant trencher-man; he hath an excellent stomach. (1599)
- The heavyweight champion of the world was off his feed. . . . Rocky, ordinarily a first-rate trencherman, was pushing away from the breakfast table after downing only two eggs and a pair of lamb chops. (1954)
- Does it sound archaic to you or it is still in current use?
- Is there an interchangeable synonym for that?
- Is there any adjective to be used instead?
- Maybe for each one of my raised qualities, there is an independent and specific word which can uniquely explain the person; if so, please let me know about them as well.