For example, when we use the expression "Star Wars Marvel crossover", do we use a slash (/) or a dash (-) to separate Star Wars and Marvel? What's the proper way of doing this, or the most popular if both are valid?

Here are some examples:

This Star Wars-Marvel crossover is the bomb.

This Star Wars/Marvel crossover is the bomb.


1 Answer 1


You can use either. Printed publications tend to prefer hyphen Star Wars-Marvel and informal writing would often prefer slash Star Wars/Marvel.

The UK press has a number of articles recently about the slashie -- a person with multiple jobs such as "rapper/singer/actor/director" Evening Standard Guardian

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .