Is there a word for it? I am thinking of things like a keyhole or a small gap in a bush. I am not sure if there's a name for it, but it would really help me out if you could find a word for it.

For example:

The hunter who hid himself in a small bush saw through a ___ a deer sleeping near a tree.

  • Have you checked in a bilingual dictionary?
    – James K
    May 4, 2019 at 13:25

1 Answer 1


You are already using the simplest general word "gap". In this case it would be a "gap in the foliage". I'd probably phrase it as

... saw a deer sleeping by a tree through a gap in the foliage.

Do deer sleep? I've never seen a sleeping deer.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .