I'm referring to the highlighted part of the measuring cup below:

enter image description here


Spout or pouring lip

1A tube or lip projecting from a container, through which liquid can be poured.

‘a teapot with a chipped spout’


enter image description here

| improve this answer | |
  • 1
    I wouldn't consider it a spout without a cover, but it's certainly the thing's lip. – lly May 5 '19 at 16:04
  • 12
    Spouts don't have to have covers. – Michael Harvey May 5 '19 at 16:35

It's called a spout, cf. this Double spout measuring cup on Amazon.

Merriam-Webster defines it as:

1 : a pipe or conductor through which a liquid is discharged or conveyed in a stream: such as
b : a projecting tube or lip from which a liquid (such as water) issues

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.