What do you call the cord that stretches tents that are nailed to the ground?

enter image description here

I am talking about the orange cords we see in the picture above. They seem to be nailed to the ground and seems to be stretching the tents. What do you call those things?


The ropes are guy lines or guy ropes (both sometimes hyphenated or given as one word), the "nails" in the ground are tent pegs.

Wikipedia: large tents are usually anchored using guy ropes tied to stakes or tent pegs.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.