I'd like to know what is the word to describe the entire interior within a circle. Circle is for the boundary only and does not include the interior of it.

  • What is the word in your native language. Have you used a bilingual dictionary?
    – James K
    Commented May 17, 2019 at 17:50
  • [I'd like to know what the word is to describe etc.]
    – Lambie
    Commented May 19, 2019 at 19:41

2 Answers 2


Mathematically speaking, it's a closed disk.

In geometry, a disk (also spelled disc) is the region in a plane bounded by a circle. A disk is said to be closed if it contains the circle that constitutes its boundary, and open if it does not.

Non-mathematicians will be satisfied to call it just a disk.

  • Closed means including the boundary (the circle). The bounded region excluding the circle itself is an open disk. Commented May 18, 2019 at 18:57
  • You should provide a link to Wikipedia. Open and closed disk do not refer to the region covered by the disk per se. It means the perimeter and the interior. A region in a plane bounded by a circle does not explain the idea.
    – Lambie
    Commented May 19, 2019 at 19:43

Euclidean geometry deals with figures such as: circles, rectangles, etc. The parts inside the figures are simply an area or space. It refers to the space inside the line or lines. Beyond that, there are all sorts of complexities I am not really trained for. :)

"Any time you need to determine the space inside a circle or the amount of space a circle covers, you can use the equation for the area of a circle. Especially for real world applications of this skill, measuring diameter is often the simplest way to start."

space inside a circle or amount of spaced a circle covers

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .