enter image description here

I kept googling "sleeve tattoos", but I can't find sleeve tattoos like the ones in the picture above with that term. Is there a keyword or a word that refers to that particular tattoo style?

  • 1
    Its not clear the the girl (elf?) in the picture has any tattoos. I see white, lacy things on her arms, but they don't look like real tattoos. Can you get a picture that isn't a fantasy painting or photomanipulation? – James K May 18 at 14:43

Sleeve is the term used for tattoos that cover the entire arm. Tattoos that cover only part of the arm can be called a half-sleeve, although this usually means a tattoo that covers the upper arm and shoulder.

I suppose these could be called partial sleeve tattoos, or simply arm tattoos.

Tattoo Lingo

100 Arm Tattoos for Women

Given the fantasy context, an author writing about these tattoos would probably say something like:

The fairy had eldritch, glowing tattoos on her upper arms and her wrists.

  • The definition of eldritch is weird and sinister or ghostly. – blackbird May 18 at 14:59
  • @blackbird Also "possibly magical in origin", or "otherworldly". But that's just my personal interpretation. She seems like a nice fairy -- but you never know. A bit likely to catch a cold, though, dressed the way she is. – Andrew May 18 at 15:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.