What's the word that refers to markets where cheap, often used, goods are sold? I forgot the word that refers to such market. Also, if you know the word, is there an alternate way to refer to it, I remember it was called a ___ market, but I would rather use a single word if that's possible. I am sure they don't really exist anymore because of eBay and Amazon.

  • Have you consulted a bilingual dictionary?
    – James K
    May 26, 2019 at 21:14

1 Answer 1


They're called flea markets and they still exist and in some locations even thrive, despite the growth of online markets.

a usually open-air market for secondhand articles and antiques

(source: Merriam-Webster)

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .