What do you call the little rings that hold the cord in a fishing rod?

enter image description here

I did some research and the rings don't seem to have a name, but I doubt we call them rings. Is there any word that may refer to them?

2 Answers 2


They're called guides. Here's a reference site so you can see it in context.


In any other context, a ring like that would be called an 'eyelet'.

Terminology seems to vary a little between different parts of the UK and USA, but the one on the end would be called a 'tip ring' or 'tip eye' depending on location, while the intermediate rings seem mostly to be called 'guide rings'.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .