Please consider the meanings of the two words "common" and "ordinary":
1.belonging equally to, or shared alike by, two or more or all in question: common property; common interests.
2.widespread; general; ordinary: common knowledge. 5.of frequent occurrence; usual; familiar: a common event; a common mistake.
1. Of no special quality or interest; commonplace; unexceptional: One novel is brilliant, the other is decidedly ordinary; an ordinary person.
2. Plain or undistinguished: ordinary clothes.
and let me know in the following examples which choice is more preferred over the other and why?
Additionally, please define if one choice doesn't work in any example of mine:
- The e-mail was written in a friendly and ordinary/common language.
- He didn't do something strange and I think his behavior was quite ordinary / common.
- Many teenagers, smoke, and attempt risky (sexual) behaviors. That sounds not interesting, but stuff like these are ordinary / common between the youth today.