What's the verb for using a stapler to connect to between two or more papers?

In a dictionary I found too much and I'm not sure which of them is the accurate in this context.

to pair, to connect, to network, to matchmaker; (slang) to staple.

Assuming that I do not want to use slang, what's the correct choice for this context?

1 Answer 1


The word you're looking for is staple. It's both a noun, referring to the small piece of metal that's ejected by a stapler, as well as a verb, meaning to use a stapler to apply a staple.

Example: Staple the receipt to the expense form so it doesn't get lost.



You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .