What do you call the roof window in a car? You know, many sedans had something like that. You could then stand up on your car and enjoy the view. I am not sure what it's called anymore. Is there a word for it? I am assuming there's a word since it was all the rage during the 2000s.

  • 1
    in the aughts for the years 2000 to 2010
    – Lambie
    Jun 21 '19 at 0:19

"Sun-roof" is what you are looking for.

  • 1
    Also moonroof Jun 21 '19 at 0:50
  • I think at one time there was a distinction, one term meaning one that would open, and one meaning one that was fixed. I'm not sure that manufacturers use the terms consistently. I also see "panoramic roof" for a very large glass area which may or may not open.
    – CCTO
    Dec 30 '20 at 21:07

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.