In the end of my research I will ______ the results of these two different studies to get a final conclusion.

I will ______ the result with the result of another study and get an overall conclusion.

I am looking for a verb for putting the results of two different studies together in order to get an overall conclusion? I thought of assemble and combine, but I am not sure about them. Any suggestion?


I will consolidate the results of these two different studies to get a final conclusion

consolidate (dictionary.com)
to bring together (separate parts) into a single or unified whole; unite; combine

But see this NGram showing that in academic contexts, such research is more likely to be called a combined study than a consolidated study.


The verb to synthesize is commonly used to describe this, especially in academia.

I will synthesize the two different studies to draw a final conclusion.

  • But, it is not the "two different studies" which are synthesized: it is the final conclusion which is synthesized from those constituents. – Weather Vane Jul 1 '19 at 13:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.