What do you call someone whose job is to guard or watch government-owned vehicles? Or any vehicle.

  • 1
    A "guard"? We are talking about someone different from the driver, right? Can you provide some more description about what you might do in such a job? – Andrew Jul 4 '19 at 16:39
  • A sentry is a soldier stationed to keep guard or to control access to a place. There is no emphasis on vehicles, or civilians, although one might be called a security guard. – Weather Vane Jul 4 '19 at 16:41
  • Perhaps a minder which although commonly used for someone who protects people, a minder might protect property too. "A person whose job it is to look after someone or something." – Weather Vane Jul 4 '19 at 16:47
  • I've never met someone whose job was exclusively to guard or watch vehicles. Is there a specific word for this job in your native language? Could you share it with us? – Deolater Jul 5 '19 at 20:24

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.