What do you call the science of determining the location of a geographical feature from pictures? By that any geographical features, or for that matter any element shown in pictures? I know some mathematical formulas allow you to do that, but I don't know the name of the discipline.

  • 1
    What do you call it? Is there a word in your languages? Have you used a bilingual dictionary?
    – James K
    Jul 6 '19 at 4:44

The term that may fit what you describe is photogrammetry.

Hee are some other, more specific terms that may be related:

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.