Is there a word for major software developers? There are amateur developers who work alone, there are indie developers who work for small companies and then you have Adobe who is a major developer. Is there a word or adjective that's used to refer to them? I am wondering, for instance, how Microsoft refer to those major developers in their internal memos. There has to be some kind of word or phrase.

1 Answer 1


Sure "Major software developers". You sometimes call a publishing company a "house" so "Major software houses" is also possible.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .