What do you call the static elements in an interface? By that, I mean, the bottom part which shows you the health and mana and also the top part and the inventory window. What do you call these elements in the user interface, and what do you call the dynamic part that shows the world and the character, and what do you call these two combined (if there's a word for that)?

  • 2
    I noticed that terminology is on-topic at Arqade. I wonder if this question wouldn’t be a better fit there. – J.R. Jul 6 '19 at 22:56
  • In game design these often have specific names related to their purpose, for example the "inventory sidebar" or the "mana/health bar". However these aren't really "static", as they are continually updated based on the game state. – Andrew Jul 7 '19 at 7:48

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.