What do you call the driving lane that we find in front of certain hotels and hospitals that allows people to drop off people right at the entrance?

enter image description here

The only thing I can think of is driving lane, but there has to be a specific word for it since we can see it in many hotels and hospitals.

1 Answer 1


It could be called a driveway. The Cambridge dictionary defines it as:

a short private road that leads from a public road to a house or garage

  • 1
    I believe this can be the only answer. Although if you want to specify the part of the driveway that's closest to the house (as opposed to some mansions that have very long driveways from the street to the house), you'd have to use a phrase like the front-of-house driveway or something similar. Jul 21, 2019 at 6:24

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .