Let's say B services is a line of business which is licensed under A company.

When promoting B services, how to properly mention that it is licensed under A Company (with very small font size)?

  • In UK the phrase "A trading as B" can often be seen. – Weather Vane Aug 15 at 19:57
  • @WeatherVane - I would read that as being that B-Company is an alternate name for A-Company for the purposes of B-Service - what in the USA would be called a "DBA" - "Doing Business As". The question, as cast, does not imply any particular relationship between the companies, other than that the offeror of B-Service has licensed the service from A-Company. – Jeff Zeitlin Aug 16 at 10:47
  • @JeffZeitlin I see, then perhaps company A's licence conditions stipulate how company B must state that fact. – Weather Vane Aug 16 at 10:56
  • @WeatherVane - Entirely possible, and would be relevant to the question, but the current casting of the question does not imply that there is any such requirement in this case. Naturally, if there is such a stipulation, it must be followed, and makes the question as written irrelevant. – Jeff Zeitlin Aug 16 at 10:59
  • B have only business license. A have company license. The purpose of adding A-Company is to get more customer trust for the B-Business. – Nick Aug 16 at 11:14

I usually see things like this as small-type footnotes "B-service is offered under license from A-company". Sometimes, there might also be a similar statement of the relationship between A-Company and B-Company "B-Company is affiliated with/an affiliate of/a [wholly-owned] subsidiary of A-Company".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.