I wonder what do you call

1- a course in which the teacher has to present all the information given in a normal-length class (e.g. a three-months course) within just one month?


2- a course which should be held for e.g. an experienced sales manager for a specific category of new products for more information and empower them technically just to enable them to present those items much better when it comes to goods presentation and contract affairs.

I know two terms:

a. An intensive course

uk ​ /ɪnˈten.sɪv/ us ​ /ɪnˈten.sɪv/
involving a lot of effort or activity in a short period of time:
two weeks of intensive training
an intensive course in English
Intensive bombing had reduced the city to rubble.

Intensive study or training deals with a lot of information in a short period of time:
a month-long intensive course in Spanish

b. A crash course

crash course
noun [ C ]
uk ​ /ˈkræʃ ˌkɔːs/ us ​ /ˈkræʃ ˌkɔːrs/
a course that teaches you a lot of basic facts in a very short time:
I did/took a crash course in French before my trip to Paris.

I think these two terms mean exactly the same thing and can be used interchangeably for both of the mentioned cases above, but I'm not quite shore.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.