I have a pair of corner connection parts(shown as pictures below) part diagram

part diagram with a different view

As you can see, there is one with a protruded head and the other one with a receiving cavity. What is the best and correct way to name them?

male / female connection part


mortise & tenon joints

  • 1
    Sorry, very confusing question. What parts specifically? What's with all the numbers? Please edit your picture, remove irrelevant stuff, add an arrow pointing to the parts you mean.
    – user22427
    Aug 28, 2019 at 11:09
  • And explain the context of these diagrams! You might be best asking on a SE more specifically related to the subject you're asking about
    – Gamora
    Aug 29, 2019 at 13:52

1 Answer 1


I wouldn't call it a mortise and tenon joint, that is a woodworking term where one piece of wood is fitted into another. This looks like some kind of clip. Mortise and tenon joints don't clip together. If I needed to describe the connectors I would use "the male/female part" to describe it.

Apply a thin coat of glue to the male part of the clip...


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .