enter image description here

What do you call a glass container containing a large artifact? I am wondering if there's a particular name for these things. I thought they were called glass casing, but it seems glass casing is a term used for smartphones.

  • 1
    That looks like a Centaur in the case!?
    – Smock
    Commented Sep 6, 2019 at 9:05

1 Answer 1


Your photo shows an item in a "display case". You might add a descriptive word/phrase such as "glass display case", "six-foot-tall display case", and so on. "Display case" is what I'd use in US English. There are likely other terms in common use in other regions.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .