I got the large round container without a lid, used for washing clothes in the below picture. But I don't know how to call it.

What do you name that plastic washing container? A plastic washing tub, a plastic basin or something?

Washing tub or Basin

  • If you google plastic basin, you will see numerous identical images. Plastic tub throws up similar images, although the tubs tend to be deeper than the basins. Commented Oct 8, 2019 at 11:30

2 Answers 2


Where I come from, this is a plastic basin or bowl - it is round, has no lid, and can't be described as a box.

A plastic tub is perhaps a slightly more generic term, applying to pretty much any kind of plastic box, but particularly one with a lid.


I (UK) call this a "washing up bowl"

Amazon shopping list

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .