I am looking for a word which would sum up this process - you have a plain backyard, and you place there a table and chairs, build a playground for children and plant some flowers. And now comes the word: the backyard is ..... (facilitated?).

  • 1
    You could say "furnished", but you'd still likely have to say what it is furnished with.
    – JRodge01
    Oct 8, 2019 at 18:40
  • 1
    We gave the back yard a makeover. Oct 8, 2019 at 19:00

1 Answer 1


There are lots of possiblities, but maybe "improved".

We're going to improve our back yard with some decking and a play area.

Renovated (if you are restoring it to a good state)

Our back yard was full of weeds, so we dug them all up and renovated it with new plants.

Revamped is a casual way of saying the same.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .