What do you call a dripping liquid? When you salivate, sometimes there's dripping liquid hanging from your mouth or chin. What do you call it? Is there a word for it?

There was a dangling ___ of saliva hanging from her chin.

There was a dangling ___ hanging from her chin.

2 Answers 2


You might be interested in drool:

1 : saliva trickling from the mouth
// wipe the drool from his chin

It's uncountable, so notice the difference in the example:

There was drool dangling from her chin.


Globule is a fun word for this:

a tiny globe or ball especially of a liquid—MW

Example in use (from a gross story):

The man looks into the camera and smiles before releasing the globule of spit from his mouth, not once but TWICE.—Daily Mirror

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .