For example, like someone who is teaching people at a university. Is he still called a "teacher" or not?

  • Yes, we can. Such a person can be called many things: teacher, professor, instructor, lecturer. It's not clear what you're asking. – Jason Bassford Oct 27 '19 at 21:16
  • Instead of closing as “lacking details”, I closed as a (close) duplicate. If you browse our site, you might find other related posts. Please see the Contributor’s Guide (Asking) for more tips and examples. – Em. Oct 27 '19 at 21:24