As far as I know "bunk beds" are beds that a bed stacks on another one.

Is there a specific name for bunk beds that are the built-in type like this?

enter image description here

Image from http://trica-hostel.com/jp/hostel.html#dormitory

  • 1
    One might call it their little cubbyhole, though they may be stretching the mean of the term
    – user99562
    Jan 12, 2020 at 6:06

1 Answer 1


Any kind of two-storey beds are bunks, whether built-in or not.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .