What could be the words for a scale/mark on a certain part of the skin which is small and not spreading(on any other part of the body) like the word ‘limited’? Example: “Your psoriasis mark, it’s ‘confined’(add your suggested word here)”

  • What kind of mark? One that appears naturally or one that comes from being hurt by something or someone?? Please provide more context.
    – Lambie
    Jan 19, 2020 at 22:20
  • Skin disease, like Psoriasis.
    – Strider
    Jan 19, 2020 at 22:26
  • Edited my example as well.
    – Strider
    Jan 19, 2020 at 22:27
  • patches or plaques: psoriasis is easily found online with these words.
    – Lambie
    Jan 19, 2020 at 22:56
  • I mean, asked for a word which means ‘not spreading’. Like: confined. But the word confined won’t be appropriate here because it’s not inside the skin...
    – Strider
    Jan 19, 2020 at 22:58

1 Answer 1


"Contained" is the expression normally used when a virus or infection has been prevented from spreading among the population (ie from person to person).

Your suggestion of "confined to..." seems perfectly accurate for something visible, such as a rash, which is only one particular area, but I believe the medical term would be localised. Localized means the rash occurs on one small part of the body.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .