I mean like in one word, What do we call the forms/formation/pattern of (vases, books, fruits, gypsum geometrical shapes, glass, ..etc) that we put together following a particular artistic way to draw or paint mainly to create a silent nature artwork?

  • Are you looking for the term for individual items, or for their arrangement? Or for the pattern in which they're arranged? Or for the order with which things are arranged/composed in an art piece?
    – user3395
    Commented Jan 29, 2020 at 0:12
  • I'm looking for the term for their arrangement, like after following the right order, have everything sat in its place and under a light spot .. what can I refer to this scene to make the listener understand that this arrangement is specifically for drawing?
    – Sara
    Commented Jan 29, 2020 at 14:00

1 Answer 1


Usually we refer to both an arrangement like this and an art representation of that arrangement as a "still life".

Typically it is composed of inanimate objects--classic examples are bowls of fruit, flowers, flowing fabric, etc.

  • Yeah, Thank You so much.
    – Sara
    Commented Jan 29, 2020 at 14:01

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .