On the internet I usually see study used with objects. For example:

I (do) study literature at university.

Can study be used without an object, as in the following examples?

I study at the university.

Do you study at the university?

Are these sentences grammatically correct?

closed as off-topic by snailcar, StoneyB, Damkerng T., choster, jimsug May 18 '14 at 21:55

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 2
    As any dictionary (such as this one) will tell you, study may be used intransitively - see definitions 1.2 and 1.3. – StoneyB May 18 '14 at 18:17
  • I edited the question to make it clear that it wasn't a simple proofreading question, but I agree with StoneyB that this question can be answered by looking at a dictionary. – snailcar May 18 '14 at 20:41

Study is a verb and can be used transitively or intransitively.

I study.

I study English.

I study at the university.

You can also add "do" which is also a verb.

I do study.

I do study English.

I do study at the university.

Do you study at the university? Yes, I do.

All are correct.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.