enter image description here

Look at my headphones, I can fold / unfold them (see the picture). Sometimes I squeeze my finger accidentally at the interface when I unfold them. The 2 edges press a bit of my finger's skin a little hard and that hurts a little but causes a sudden hurt.

What best describes "you hurt your finger because you accidentally squeeze your finger when you unfold your headphones"?

1 Answer 1


This is probably going to be locale-specific, but without doubt I would call this a "nip", i.e. "I just nipped my finger in the hinge of my headphones".

  • "PInch" is less locale-specific. Commented Mar 2, 2020 at 16:44

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .