I'm struggling to find any similar expressions to indicate my disappointment with a subject or show that it's not true anymore.

Could someone provide any suchlike locutions, please?

  • Please show you effort first, such as a grammar tutorial, example sentences. – WXJ96163 Mar 20 at 12:37
  • There are probably a lot of (both idiomatic and "plain language") ways of expressing much the same thing as So much for [X] in this sense. One that comes to mind is Bang goes (your theory) (said to someone whose theory has just been blown out of the water by some incontrovertible new evidence). – FumbleFingers Reinstate Monica Mar 20 at 15:45
  • ...according to Oxford Dictionary of English), bang goes X is a specifically British idiom. Maybe there's some American near-equivalent alternative, I dunno. – FumbleFingers Reinstate Monica Mar 20 at 15:50
  • Please edit your question to include an example sentence with a blank where the phrase you are looking for should go. – CJ Dennis Mar 21 at 1:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.