What is the word that expresses "the sound of a piece of metal hitting a hard object"?

It is often showed in movie subtitles.

I couldn't remember it, a "clan..." or "clas..." or something like that?


1 Answer 1


As @KateBunting noted in the comments: clang:

1a: to make a loud metallic ringing sound
anvils clanged

(source: Merriam-Webster)

In general, if you know so many letters of the start of the word, even online dictionaries can be browsed word for word. I'm pretty sure you would have found it yourself.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .