In the context of a website, for example, a dating site, I would like to know the meaning of the following expressions:
- "to check someone's profile"
- "to check out someone's profile"
- "to view someone's profile"
- "to look at someone's profile".
Do those expressions have to do with turning one's eyes towards something or do they mean to examine something or do they mean to read something?
What should I think of or should I imagine when I hear or see those expressions?
I have some examples:
- Someone likes your profile. Why not CHECK OUT their profile and see if you're interested.
- Susan just VIEWED your profile!
- Megan Fox just LOOKED AT your profile!
- Alizee just CHECKED your profile!