In films, you sometimes have the camera focusing on someone's face and then switching to a camera filming something else from a different angle. What do you call the act of switching camera in a film?


Someone in the movie/TV industry may use a different or specific term, but I would call that a cut.

  • 1
    For a verb, "to cut to" the new scene would fit. – Jack O'Flaherty May 8 '20 at 4:13

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.