There's a jar, there's a thread on the top of the jar. What verb do you use when you take a lid, place it to the top of a jar, and then turn it clockwise until it tightly fits the jar? What do you do with the lid?

  • Are you talking about the entire process, or are you talking about what you do with the lid once it's already sitting on the jar? (There is a difference.) The title of your question seems to mean the latter, but the body of your question is describing the former. – Jason Bassford May 10 at 1:42

You screw the lid on. That type of lid is called a screw-on lid.

| improve this answer | |
  • And you unscrew it to get it off. – Michael Harvey May 9 at 23:44

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.