If one wants to leave a place permanently (house, working place, office) and go to another place, which verb can we use "(move, displace, relocate, shift, etc.) (to/ from)"?
I mean "(move to/ from), (displace to/ from), ...."
which verb is 1-formal, 2- common or informal and 3- slang?

  • Move or relocate would be the normal words. Displace means move (something) out of its correct place. – Kate Bunting Jun 4 at 8:29

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.