enter image description here

What is the join between the neck and the chin called as shown in the picture, is it called "the crook of the head"?

  • 1
    There is no single word for that. It is, as you say, the "junction of the neck and chin". – Michael Harvey Aug 31 '20 at 11:54
  • If there's any looseness, it could be called a jowl. – Jack O'Flaherty Aug 31 '20 at 16:28

The soft area between the hard edges of the chin bone and the throat proper might be described as 'under the chin'. I have never heard it called the crook of my head/neck.

A more accurate, medical term might be the digastric site, but that would not be understood in every day speech.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.